Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I thought what better way to celebrate by reviewing the various perfume samples I have received.
I am picky when it comes to perfume because most scents are too strong and can give me a headache. Before I review the perfume samples, I want to review the ARI by Ariana Grande perfume as a comparison.
ARI by Ariana Grande: I have previously done a brief review of the ARI perfume in my Empties #6 post. ARI is a perfume for women with a fruity and floral scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes crispy pear, pink grapefruit, and juicy raspberry
- Middle Notes soft muguet, rose buds, and vanilla orchid
- Base Notes marshmallow, creamy musk, and blonde woods
The perfume was easy to apply to my wrists, hair, and clothes. I loved the sweet scent, and I did not find it overpowering. The perfume also lasts all day, and Ariana Grande is cruelty-free.
$39 for 1 oz at Ulta
Now for the samples!
Calvin Klein Ck2: Ck2 is a unisex perfume with an urban woody fresh scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes wasabi, green spices, mandarin, and violet leaf absolute
- Middle Notes wet stones, orris absolute, and rose absolute
- Base Notes sandalwood, incense, and vetiver
I like the spray top because it is very easy to apply wherever I want including on my hair. However, I do not like the scent because it is too masculine, which makes sense since it is a unisex scent. The perfume lasts most of the day before fading, but Calvin Klein is not cruelty-free.
$40 for 1 oz at Calvin Klein
Clean Cashmere: Cashmere is a unisex perfume that smells like cashmere with its woody, floral, and musk scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes cedar leaf, bergamot, and lime
- Middle Notes mimosa, jasmine, and guaiacwood
- Dry Notes heliotrope, tonka bean, and musk
I do not like the stopper top because I find it more difficult to use and the perfume was very strong when I applied it to my wrists. However when the perfume dried, the scent was less overpowering, but it is still my least favorite out of the 3 Clean perfumes because it is too musky. The perfume does last all day though, and Clean is cruelty-free.
$40 for 1 oz at Clean
Clean Lovegrass: I received this perfume in my March 2017 GoodieBox. Lovegrass is a unisex scent that smells like fresh-cut grass with its floral and woody scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes lemon blossom, clementine, cedrat, and black pepper
- Middle Notes orris, orange blossom, and eglantine petals
- Base Notes blonde woods, amber woods (orcanox), skin musks, patchouli, and labdanum
I like the roll-on because it is easy to apply to my wrists. I also liked the scent, but out of the 3 Clean scents this is my second favorite one. The perfume also lasts all day or night, and Clean is cruelty-free.
$22 for .34 oz at Clean
Clean Rain: I received this perfume in my August 2016 GoodieBox. Rain is a perfume for women and it smells like rainfall with its aquatic floral scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes dewy melon, daffodil, and watermint
- Middle Notes spring daisy, water lily, and violet leaves
- Base Notes fluid musks and sleek woods
Like with the Clean Lovegrass perfume, I like the roll-on because it is easy to apply and bring with me in a bag. Out of the 3 Clean perfumes, Rain is my favorite scent because it is more feminine unlike Cashmere and Lovegrass which are unisex scents. The perfume also lasts all day, and Clean is cruelty-free.
$40 for 1 oz at Clean
Escada Joyful: This perfume is for women and it smells like a bouquet of flowers with its bright floral scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes blackcurrant sorbet, melon, and mandarin
- Middle Notes pink peony, magnolia, nectarine, and violet leaf
- Base Notes honey comb and sandalwood
Again I do not like the stopper top because it is difficult to apply and even when the scent dried down, it was still too strong for me. The scent also only lasts around 5 hours, and Escada is not cruelty-free.
$74 for 1.4 oz at Birchbox
Marc Jacobs Decadence: Decadence is a perfume for women with a woody scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes Italian plum, iris flower, and saffron
- Middle Notes Bulgarian rose, jasmine sambac, and orris
- Base Notes vetiver, papyrus woods, and liquid amber
Like with the Calvin Klein Ck2 perfume, I like the spray top because it is really easy to use. However, I do not like the scent because it is too masculine even though this perfume is meant for women. The perfume lasts most of the day, but Marc Jacobs Fragrances is not cruelty-free. On a side note, Marc Jacobs Beauty is cruelty-free as the beauty and fragrance brands are separate.
$72 for 1 oz at Marc Jacobs
Mugler Angel Muse: I received this perfume in the Ulta Beauty Bag from my Ulta Haul + Christmas Presents post. Angel Muse is a perfume for women with a sweet and sensual scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes grapefruit and pink peppercorn
- Middle Notes hazelnut cream
- Base Notes vetiver and patchouli
Like with the other perfumes with a spray top, it is easy to use. However, the perfume was bordering too strong when I first applied it, but it smelled a little better when it dried down, but I still do not care for the scent. The perfume only lasts for about 5 hours, and Mugler is not cruelty-free.
$70 for 1 oz at Mugler
Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose: This is another perfume I received in my Ulta Beauty Bag from my Ulta Haul + Christmas Presents post. Amazing Grace Ballet Rose is a perfume for women that smells like rose petals. The notes include:
- Top Notes sparkling lychee
- Middle Notes delicate rose and peony
- Base Notes woods and sheer ballet pink musk
Like with the Escada Joyful and Clean Cashmere perfumes, I do not like the stopper top because it is difficult to apply and the perfume is overpowering when I first apply it. When the perfume dries down, it has a decent floral scent, but it reminded me of a scent older women would wear. However, the scent does last most of the day, but Philosophy is not cruelty-free.
$49 for 2 oz at Philosophy
Ralph Lauren Woman: Woman is the last perfume I received in the Ulta Beauty Bag from my Ulta Haul + Christmas Presents post. Woman is a perfume for fearless yet feminine women with its floral and woody scent. The notes include:
- Top Notes pear, rhubarb, and blackcurrant
- Middle Notes tuberose, orange flower, and Turkish rose
- Base Notes sandalwood, hazelnut, and vibrant woods
I like the spray top because I could easily apply it to my wrists, hair, and clothes, but the scent is so strong that even when it dried down it gave me a headache and made me feel sick. However, the perfume did last most of the day even after I tried to remove it, but Ralph Lauren is not cruelty-free.
$64 for 1 oz at Ralph Lauren
Versace Eros: Eros is a perfume for passionate women with its floral woody fragrance. There is also a cologne with the same name, and the notes for the perfume include:
- Top Notes Sicilian lemon, mandarin, raspberry sorbet, and white currant
- Middle Notes freesia, magnolia, jasmine petals, and orange blossom
- Base Notes sensual woods, white patchouli, and musk
Like with all the other perfumes with a spray top, this one is very easy to use. I liked the floral scent, and Eros is one of my favorite perfumes I tried. The scent also lasted all day, but Versace is not cruelty-free.
$92 for 1.7 oz at Versace
Overall, I liked the Clean perfumes the most because Rain and Lovegrass were good scents and Clean is also cruelty-free. However, most of the other perfumes were either too strong or masculine and none of the other companies were cruelty-free.
What is your favorite perfume?