I have been wanting a Tarte palette for a while now, but I have been debating on either the Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette or the Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette. I decided on the latter because all 12 shades were matte instead of a mix of mattes and lusters.
Row 1 shades include: Free Spirit (light cream), Force Of Nature (nude brown), Dreamer (warm brown), and Multi-Tasker (dark chocolate)
Row 2 shades include: Caregiver (pale pink), Natural Beauty (mauve), Best Friend (mulberry), and Bombshell (dark plum)
Row 3 shades include: Super Mom (ivory), Wanderer (light brown), Power Player (taupe brown), and Fashionista (black)Before I begin with my review, you can see how I used the palette in my Luna Makeup Look. Overall, I love the variety of eye shadows from light to dark shades. My favorite shades are the lighter ones like Caregiver and Super Mom, but all the shadows are wonderful because they have great pigment and can be used for multiple looks. The eye shadows apply smoothly and blend well with each other, and they last all day without a primer. If I want a little shimmer instead of a completely matte look, I can easily blend the shadows with a shimmer one such as Un from the ColourPop Jenn Ne Sais Quad. The palette itself is compact and includes a mirror, which is great for traveling. The only downside is the price, but I believe the palette is worth it, and I would definitely recommend this one if you are looking for a high-quality neutral palette!
$45 at Ulta
You can also read my reviews of other Tarte makeup products on my blog here:
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation Review
- Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer Review
- Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss Review
- Tarte Tartelette Faves Best-Sellers Discovery Set Review (The Sculptor Double-Ended Contour & Highlighter, Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint, Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush, and Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder)
- Tarte Grav3YardGirl’s Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette Review
- Tarte Grav3YardGirl Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint Review