Denmark is currently in a second lockdown, and lately I have been watching a lot of YouTube so I wanted to share a list of beauty, gaming, and music YouTube channels I regularly watch.
Bunny is one of my favorite YouTubers, and she is probably known for her Does This Thing Really Work series where she tests different products including those seen on tv. She also has hauls, unboxings, and tea vlogs as well as this interesting video about The Dark Side of Shopping on Wish. Bunny has a second channel called banana peppers where she does stationery hauls and testings, mystery box unboxings like Kidrobot, 5 Surprise, and Sonny Angel, fashion unboxings, and time capsule boxes and bags.
Cristine’s channel started off as a nail art channel, but now she does a lot of testing of nail products and hacks, trying nail polishes, and sharing collection reveals for her brand Holo Taco. She has a second channel Simply Not Logical, which has some nail related videos, opening subscriber mail, videos with her boyfriend Ben and her sister Jen, and outtakes from her main channel. Last year she started SimplyPodLogical, which is a podcast with her and Ben where they talk about everything from their past before YouTube, their jobs and relationship, Canada, influencers and social media, and they also share advice.
Safiya is not strictly a beauty YouTuber because she also has a lot of fashion-related videos. I love her bad makeup science experiments videos where she mixes every type of one thing together such as every Lush bath bomb or every lipstick from Sephora. I also like her questionable fashion videos where she wears thigh-high uggs for a week or a clear plastic outfit for a day. She did collabs with Cristine (Simply Naillogical), which were fun to watch too. Recently she started doing livestreams with her husband Tyler every Tuesday on the Safiya & Tyler channel, and they try different food, gadgets, and hacks as well as play games.
Nikkie is amazing at doing creative makeup looks and challenges like the One Dip Makeup Challenge, and I also love her makeup reviews. Recently she released a 4-part documentary called Layers of Me, and I definitely recommend watching it because it gives insight into her past.
Alexandria mainly does subscription box unboxings including Ipsy, Boxy Charm, FabFitFun, and newer subscription boxes. For the holiday season, she unboxed 12 different beauty advent calendars including the notorious Sephora advent calendar.
Other beauty YouTubers I occasionally watch:
- Jessica Kobeissi: Jessica is a photographer, and I like watching her reaction videos for episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
- Literally Lewis: Lewis does amazing makeup looks and tests and reviews all different brands of makeup.
- Nyma Tang: I first started watching Nyma when she did the darkest shade series, and she does makeup and skincare reviews and makeup looks on her channel.
Mark is my favorite gaming YouTuber, and he does a lot of let’s plays. I love his 3 Scary Games series, his Resident Evil 8 and Darkwood playthroughs, and the games he plays with friends Bob (muyskerm) and Wade (LordMinion777) like The Forest, Phasmophobia, Raft, Fall Guys, Golf Around, Uno, and Monopoly. He also did A Heist with Markiplier which is fun to watch because it was like a choose your own adventure series. He also started the channel Unus Annus with Ethan (CrankGameplays) where they uploaded a video every day for a year and at the end of the year in November 2020, they deleted it. Memento Mori.
Kayla is a YouTube simmer and she mainly plays The Sims 4. She does a lot of build videos including renovations, budget challenges, recreations of real houses as well as gameplay challenges including legacy on short lifespan, rags to riches, and the 100 baby challenge. She also has a second channel moresimsie where she uploads her Twitch streams of her playing The Sims, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and other games.
Michael is known as The Nancy Drew Dude because he does a lot of reviews and playthroughs of the Nancy Drew games. I love his Everything Wrong With the Nancy Drew Videogames series, and he did one for Midnight in Salem which was over an hour-long! In comparison, his other videos for the Nancy Drew games were 10-25 min long. He also does playthroughs of other mystery and adventure games like the Carol Reed games and Jenny LeClue: Detectivú.
Brian makes trailers and a 4-part movie in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Most are on the darker side, but there are some cute trailers like Pocket Camp which is a remake of the Moonrise Kingdom (2012) trailer.
Other gaming YouTubers I occasionally watch:
- Gab Smolders: I recently started watching Evelien’s videos including her Nancy Drew playthroughs and her It Takes Two playthrough with Sean.
- jacksepticeye: Lately I have been watching Sean’s meme time and Among Us videos. I also loved his Animal Crossing: New Horizons videos.
- LGR: Clint reviews retro tech and PC games, but I mainly watch his reviews and gameplay of The Sims, and I love his honest reviews of all the expansion packs.
- Mayor Mori: Mayor Mori shares helpful videos about Animal Crossing: New Horizons including the new updates and events and what fish and bugs to catch before the month ends.
- Plumbella: Jesse is another simmer I occassionally watch, and I like watching her Sims 4 builds and playthroughs.
Ava Max is my favorite singer, and I love her voice and her music videos.
Glitch remixes music from video games like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Undertale. She also created a playlist to study and relax to.
Hildegard von Blingin’ makes songs in bardcore, which are medieval covers of modern songs. She has a beautiful voice, and I love her music. She only has 11 songs right now, but they are all worth listening to.
Other music YouTubers I occasionally watch:
- Lindsey Stirling: Lindsey Stirling is amazing at playing the violin, and she writes her own music as well as does covers and collabs.
- Lubalin: Lubalin is a music artist and I love his internet drama series that he turned into music videos.
- Maître Gims: Gims is my favorite French singer, and I especially love his collaborations with other singers including Je te pardonne with Sia.
Do you like watching YouTube? What are your favorite channels?