I got this idea from Emma who did a 30 choses à faire avant 30 ans (30 things to do before turning 30) post, and I wanted to make a list of 25 things do before I turn 25 on September 4th.
- Get accepted into a master’s program. I have applied to several programs that start in September, so I will know before then if I was accepted
- Finish the Front-End Web Development course. I was offered to take this course on web development by Google, and the deadline to complete it is in August
- Visit Ragnarock. Ragnarock is a rock museum that I can literally see from my apartment and at night it lights up in various colors. I have never been to this museum, so I would like to visit once
- Go on the Sagafjord. Sagafjord is an old ship at the Roskilde harbor that offers trips during the warmer months. I would like to go on one of the breakfast, lunch or dinner cruises
- Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art in Roskilde. The Royal Palace in Roskilde was converted to an art museum, and I see it every time I go downtown, so it would be fun to visit
- Go to the parks more. There are various parks in Roskilde including one near my apartment that was old race track and another one downtown with various ponds and ducks. It would be nice to visit the parks when the weather gets warmer
- Go to the library. I have only been to the library once to pick up a book that was a birthday gift to my daughter from the library. The library has a good-sized English section, so I would like to go there and see what books they actually have
- Visit Bornholm. Bornholm is a Danish island south of Sweden, and it has ruins of a castle, numerous round churches, museums, and beaches. It would be a perfect place to visit during the summer
- Visit Oslo. I have been trying to plan a trip with boyfriend to go on the Oslo ferry from Copenhagen, so if we went on one before my birthday, then that would be great!
- Go to Ikea. There are several things I need and want for my apartment. We got a new couch as a Christmas gift from my boyfriend’s mom, so now our coffee table is too big for the living room. I would like to get a new coffee table, new curtains, and a few smaller things like plants
- Drink bubble tea. I have not had bubble tea since I was in college, and I loved it! There are several cafés in Copenhagen including The Mad Hatter Bubble Tea Emporium that I would like to visit
- Eat grilled cheese. I have made my own grilled, but I want to go to Fætter Fætter Toast Bar in Copenhagen to try their grilled cheese
- Eat at more vegetarian restaurants. I have been to few in Copenhagen including Riz Raz and Morgenstedet (loved both) as well as Green Burger (not that good of veggie burgers). I want to discover more vegetarian restaurants in Copenhagen
- See a musical. I saw We Will Rock You last year, and I would like to see one this year
- Visit the National Museum of Denmark. I have walked by this museum numerous times, and I would like to go one day. The museum has a huge collection of artifacts from Danish history as well as foreign cultures and a more recent exhibit on cosplay
- Visit Frederiksberg Palace. I have passed by this palace when I have gone to the Copenhagen zoo, but I never visited it since it is the officer’s school for the Danish military. Once a month the school offers tours of the palace, and I would like to go (even if my boyfriend has already been since he lived there while in the military)
- Reach 2,500 followers on my blog. It is fun to celebrate milestones, and it would be awesome if I reached 2,500 followers by my birthday!
- See more movies in theaters. I rarely see movies at the theater, so it would be fun to see a few with my boyfriend
- Read more. I feel like I am behind on reading all the books I have, so I want to read at least a book a month if not more
- Catch up on Netflix shows. I am in the middle of several series, so I want to finish them before I start watching other series!
- Play more co-op games with my boyfriend. We both like playing video games, but we normally play our own games. However, we do have a few co-op games to play together
- Try new recipes. I enjoy cooking, but I tend to stick to what I now. I want to be more creative and try cooking new things
- Bake a new dessert. I normally like making cheesecakes and my boyfriend likes making cakes and brownies, and like with cooking I want to try something new
- Go on a shopping spree for clothes. I seem to wear the same shirts and pants all the time, so I think it is time for some new clothes
- Try out an old hobby. I got this idea while talking with Lise to make clay charms again. When I was in high school, I enjoyed making cute food and dessert charms, so I would like to try that again
I hope I will be able to complete most of these, and I will do an update post in a few months!
What would you like to do before your next birthday?