Last week was my 25th birthday, and I wanted to share the presents I received and also bought for myself.
Tarte Minutes to Mermaid Brush Set: When Tarte was having one of their sales, my parents bought me this brush set. The brushes are vegan and mermaid-themed, and the set includes:
- a large powder brush
- a cheek brush
- a highlighter stippling brush
- a domed eyeshadow brush
- a pencil brush
Tarte No Shower Happy Hour Kit: My parents also bought me this kit from Tarte that includes 5 vegan beauty staples for life on the go. The kit includes:
- Hair Goals Dry Shampoo
- Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant
- Tarteguard 20 Tinted Moisturizer in Medium
- Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Insightful
- Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in Goals
Winky Lux Marzia La Frutta Palette: The last item my parents gave me was Marzia’s La Frutta Palette. I have Marzia’s Natura Palette, and the shades have good pigment, so I expect the same from this palette. Even though the La Frutta shades are more summery, the darker shades may work for the fall. The palette includes these fruit-themed shades:
- Pesca: peach with a shimmer finish
- Anguria: watermelon with a matte finish
- Limone: lemon with a satin finish
- Mango: mango with a metallic finish
- Uva: grape with a matte finish
My boyfriend’s mother was going to buy me a Sephora gift card, but the Sephora in Denmark does not offer gift cards so she bought me 4 gifts with the intention of returning them. I kept two of the gifts and purchased two others.
Too Cool For School Pumpkin Purifying 24k Mask: When me and my boyfriend were at Sephora returning the gifts, he saw this mask and actually wanted it, so I decided to get it. The peel-off mask contains pumpkin and 24k gold, and it removes dead skin and impurities, controls oil, tightens pores, and brightens the skin.
Pixi Rose Tonic: This tonic was one of the gifts I decided to keep since I need a new toner. The tonic tones, balances pH, minimizes redness, removes impurities, and hydrates the skin.
Benefit the Porefessional Pearl Primer: This primer was the second gift I decided to keep. I normally would not purchase anything from Benefit, but I am running low on primer. The Porefessional Pearl Primer is the same as the Porefessional Pore Primer, but this primer includes a soft pearly pink. The primer minimizes the look of pores, locks on makeup, and brightens the skin. The primer is also oil-free and has a soft matte finish.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Eyeshadow Palette: I knew right away that I wanted to get this palette from Sephora. The palette includes 14 whimsical shades that have great pigment and are easy to blend. The shades include:
- Dreamer: pink champagne with a metallic finish
- Base: eggshell with a matte finish
- Summer: golden topaz with a metallic finish
- Soul: wisteria with a matte finish
- Wild Child: frosty pink with a magenta shift
- Incense: dusty terracotta with a matte finish
- Rose Gold: rosewood with a metallic finish
- Love: mid-tone cool pink with a matte finish
- Celestial: plum with a violet shift
- Volatile: warm charcoal with a matte finish
- Dazzling: bronze with a violet shift
- Eccentric: dark burnt orange with a matte finish
- Drama: aubergine with a cool bronze shift
- Passion: deep garnet with a matte finish
My boyfriend gave me the board game Ticket to Ride that I have wanted for forever now. I am excited to finally play the game! My boyfriend’s grandpa also gave me an H&M gift card, and I am looking forward to getting some new clothes.
I only bought a couple of items for myself including the Urban Decay All Nighter Pollution Protection Makeup Setting Spray. The spray is like the All Nighter Setting Spray, but it includes minerals that protect against environmental damage. I also bought the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which I started using right away. The Miracle Complexion Sponge is my favorite makeup sponge to use since it has the 3 different sides.
What have you bought or received lately?