I have been using the Pur My Little Pony: The Movie Collection Eyeshadow Palette a lot lately since it is great for the Spring and Summer, and today I wanted to review it.
The palette contains these 16 shades:
- Kindness: yellow with a mostly matte finish
- Fluttershy: light pink with a shimmer finish
- Generosity: mauve with a matte finish
- Rarity: white with a matte finish
- Applejack: gold with a shimmer finish
- Honesty: brown with a matte finish
- Laughter: peach with a shimmer finish
- Pinkie Pie: hot pink with a matte finish
- Twilight Sparkle: light purple-pink with a shimmer finish
- Magic: purple with a matte finish
- Rainbow Dash: bright blue with a shimmer finish
- Loyalty: dark green with a shimmer finish
- Tempest Shadow: bright red with a matte finish
- Songbird Serenade: dark purple-brown with a shimmer finish
- Storm King: silver with a shimmer finish
- Princess Skystar: mint green with a shimmer finish
If you would like, you can check out my Day vs Night Makeup Looks post where I did two looks using this palette. I also shared a makeup look on Twitter where I used the Princess Skystar, Rainbow Dash, and Loyalty shades. The palette has a great range of bright and neutral shades with a mix of matte and shimmer finishes. The palette can be used for both colorful day looks and dark night looks. I love that each of the Mane 6 has their own shades, and my favorite shades to use are Fluttershy, Generosity, and Laughter. Most of the shades have great pigment, but a few matte shades like Kindness, Rarity, and Magic need multiple layers since they are more sheer. The shades apply easily with little to no fallout, but some of the shimmer shades like Applejack, Laughter, and Storm King have a bit more fallout. The shades also blend easily except for the sheer matte shades which become sheer again when blending them out. However, the shades last all day without fading, creasing or smudging when used with an eyeshadow primer. The palette also includes a good size mirror and the size is compact enough to travel with. The palette does not include a brush, but that does not bother me since I tend to use my own eyeshadow brushes anyways. The palette is $29, which I think is a good price for the amount and variety of shades. The palette also frequently goes on sale if you find the price too high. I would recommend this palette if you are a My Little Pony lover or you want to experiment with more colorful shades.
Overall, the Pur My Little Pony: The Movie Collection Eyeshadow Palette is a good quality palette, but several of the matte shades are on the sheer side and there is a little fallout with the shimmer shades.
$29 at Pur
Do you like My Little Pony? Would you use this palette?