- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to receive the award.
- Notify your nominees and provide a nomination link to your award.
How My Blog Started
When I was in college, my friend had a blog on tumblr and I decided it would be fun to join her. I created two blogs, a personal blog of cute things I liked and a review blog. At first I loved tumblr, but then I started losing interest in blogging because I did not feel like I was part of the community. In May of last year, I deleted my tumblr blogs and decided to create this blog on WordPress. Since then I have received tons of support from the community here and I love blogging again. I hope my blog will continue to grow and I will be able to meet more bloggers!
Advice to New Bloggers
Be true to yourself. Post what you like even if it means not fitting into the norm. Post your stories, reviews, pictures, recipes, advice, thoughts, etc. as long as it is what you want. If you only post what you think others will like and not what you like, you can lose motivation and interest in blogging and the quality of your posts will decrease.
Be active in the community. Like and comment on posts you like, follow bloggers you like on WordPress and other social media sites, and reply to comments on your blog to keep the conversation going. I have met many great bloggers by being active in the community and you can too!