I had a great birthday yesterday, and I appreciate all the birthday wishes I received!
Not too long ago I purchased Grav3YardGirl’s Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette she created in collaboration with Tarte at Ulta. The palette includes 9 eyeshadows, a bronzer, blush, and a highlighter along with a brush and a full-size mirror.
The eyeshadows can be used to create both day and night looks, and the bronzer, blush, and highlighter are also versatile and can be used with various looks. Like with the Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Palette, each row of the palette can be used to create a complete eyeshadow look, but the shadows can be combined with others outside of that row.
Row 1 shades include:
- Sweet Tea (medium red-brown bronzer with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
- #SFS (rose gold shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Natural Peaches (peachy nude shadow with a matte finish)
- Dogman (dark orange-brown shadow with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
Row 2 shades include:
- Does This Thing Really Work? (plum pink blush with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
- Big Baby (cream shadow with a matte finish)
- Sassy Bun (peach brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Sippy Sippy (dark brown shadow with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
Row 3 shades include:
- Gator Wings (light champagne highlighter with a metallic finish)
- Haunting (light lavender brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Uncommon (deep purple-brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Mancat (deep plum shadow with a matte finish)
The eyeshadows have great pigment and are easy to blend. My favorite shades are Big Baby, #SFS, Natural Peaches, and Dogman for a day look and Haunting, Uncommon, and Mancat for a night look. However, the shadows are more powdery than the Tartelette Matte Palette shadows, which causes a lot of fallout especially with the shimmer shades. The shadows last all day or night when I used a primer, but they do fade and crease without a primer.
The bronzer worked well with my skin tone, but I found it to be very pigmented, but it was easy to blend if I did not use too much. The blush is my favorite out of these three because it is easy to blend and it adds a nice rosy pink to my cheeks. The highlighter is a light champagne shade, which also works well with my skin tone. However, I do not like the added glitter because there is too much fallout and I ended up with glitter all over my face.
Overall, I love the versatility of the eyeshadows, but I found them to be too powdery, which led to fallout. Both the bronzer and blush are a hit, but the bronzer is a bit too pigmented. The highlighter was a complete miss for me.
$45 at Tarte
You can also read my review of the Tarte Grav3YardGirl Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Texas Toast!