I had a great birthday yesterday, and I appreciate all the birthday wishes I received!
Not too long ago I purchased Grav3YardGirl’s Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette she created in collaboration with Tarte at Ulta. The palette includes 9 eyeshadows, a bronzer, blush, and highlighter along with a brush and a full size mirror.
Row 1 shades include:
- Sweet Tea (medium red brown bronzer with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
- #SFS (rose gold shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Natural Peaches (peachy nude shadow with a matte finish)
- Dogman (dark orange brown shadow with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
Row 2 shades include:
- Does This Thing Really Work? (plum pink blush with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
- Big Baby (cream shadow with a matte finish)
- Sassy Bun (peach brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Sippy Sippy (dark brown shadow with a matte and slight shimmer finish)
Row 3 shades include:
- Gator Wings (light champagne highlighter with a metallic finish)
- Haunting (light lavender brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Uncommon (deep purple brown shadow with a shimmer finish)
- Mancat (deep plum shadow with a matte finish)
The eyeshadows have great pigment and are easy to blend. My favorite shades are Big Baby, #SFS, Natural Peaches, and Dogman for a day look and Haunting, Uncommon, and Mancat for a night look. However, the shadows are more powdery than the Tartelette Matte Palette shadows, which causes a lot of fallout especially with the shimmer shades. The shadows last all day or night when I used a primer, but they do fade and crease without a primer.
The bronzer worked well with my skin tone, but I found it to be very pigmented, but it was easy to blend if I did not use too much. The blush is my favorite out of these three because it is easy to blend and it adds a nice rosy pink to my cheeks. The highlighter is a light champagne shade, which also works well with my skin tone. However, I do not like the added glitter because there is too much fallout and I ended up with glitter all over my face.
Overall, I love the versatility of the eyeshadows, but I found them to be too powdery, which led to fallout. Both the bronzer and blush are a hit, but the bronzer is a bit too pigmented. The highlighter was a complete miss for me.