Thank you so much Anna from Style Under Pressure for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is my 5th award, and I appreciate every single one that I have been nominated for!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers that have a positive or creative blog that inspires others.
- Answer the nominator’s questions
- Write different questions
- Nominate other bloggers
Questions from My Nominator
- Why and how did you get into blogging? One of my friends from college had a blog on tumblr, and I thought it would be fun to join her. Initially I had two blogs (a personal blog for cute things I liked and a review blog for items I received from Influenster). I have since deleted both blogs, but before deleting my review blog, I switched over to WordPress because I still wanted to have a review blog, but on a different platform where I could feel like I was part of the community.
- What is your favorite beauty product and why? Lush Herbalism Cleanser. I have oily skin and this cleanser has helped my face look and feel better.
- What is the one makeup product you’d take with you on a desert island? Grav3YardGirl x Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette. I love this palette because there are various eyeshadow shades as well as a blush, highlighter, bronzer, and a brush!
- What is the one skin care product you’d take with you on a desert island, other than sunscreen? Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter. My skin can often get dry, so I would not leave this body butter behind!
- Clothes or beauty and why? Beauty. I have a rather laid-back style when it comes to clothes, so I am not likely to spend a lot of money on clothing unless it is something I need like a winter jacket. I am much more likely to spend money on a nice eyeshadow palette or a new lipstick.
- A recent beauty buy regret. The NYX Highlight & Contour Pro Palette. Only a few of the shades work with my skin tone, and the contouring shades are difficult to blend out.
- A recent beauty discovery (product, technique, blog, etc.) Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub. I have dry lips, and this lip scrub has helped make my lips feel smooth and less dry.
- Favorite beauty blogger of all time and why. Marzia Bisognin. I have been following her for awhile now, and I love watching her videos and reading her blog posts.
- Your dream job. I want to be a researcher and help children with learning disorders and other disorders that affect learning.
- Name an obstacle, problem, or discouraging situation you encountered as a blogger, and how did you overcome it? After having my blog on tumblr for awhile, I was not enjoying blogging anymore because I felt distanced from my followers and there was no way for us to communicate unless we sent personal messages. I looked around for other platforms to have blogs on, and that is when I discovered WordPress. Since having my blog on WordPress, I am enjoying blogging again and I am even blogging more than I use to.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What is your dream job?
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Do you have any pets?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- Can you cook?
- What TV show are you currently watching?
- What recently released or soon to be released movie would you like to see in theaters?